From Hospitality to Home: What to Look for in Quality Furniture
When investing in furniture, it is important you feel confident that what you are purchasing is of the highest quality. Ficari focuses on well-designed and meticulously crafted products that stand the test of time. As such, their team of experts are able to provide the following guide on what to look for in quality furniture:
- Do not judge a piece of furniture on its upholstery alone. Be aware that beautiful expensive fabric may cover poor quality construction underneath. Seams on upholstery should be even, with straight edges and no flaws in the fabric.
- Ensure the upholstery material is thick, tightly woven, and uniform across the piece – it should not sag or stretch.
- Metal furniture that is welded is preferable than mechanically joined. All of our metal pieces are welded.
- Ficari only uses kiln dried wood because it resists cracking and creaking. This makes the furniture stronger and lasts longer.
- Padding and cushion quality should be first-rate, we only uses the best foam available – no springs or framing should be felt.
- For longevity of the product, reversible cushions are ideal so that you can get twice the wear.
- A block of foam should be wrapped with dacron or polyester/feather wrap. Be sure to ask about the density rating of the seat foam: 1.8 pounds or higher would be optimal. At Ficari, our foam is 2.5 and up
- Warranties of one year.
Ficari ensures that the above is applied to their products in order to maintain the highest level of quality. Enjoy the world of Ficari in your home for years to come.