Why does FICARI collect visitor information?
Ficari Inc. (“FICARI” or “We” or “we”) gathers information with these objectives in mind:
- Fulfill your orders accurately and quickly.
- Verify your identity for payment authorization and fraud screening.
- Contact you regarding order status changes.
- Ship your order to the correct address.
- Allow you to apply for financing.
- Learn how we can improve your shopping experience.
- Send you news and updates on FICARI products and offers (if requested).
- To help us meet our commitment to privacy.
FICARI is committed to protecting our customer’s information. When placing an order through FICARI, we ensure your name and address are communicated privately and directly to the credit card or banking institution. Lastly, an automated notification is provided to the third-party fulfillment center to deliver your order to your door. We do not provide your name and addresses for any other purpose, including for the use of selling it to mailing-list firms.
Does FICARI’s website remember me automatically?
FICARI, like many websites uses a technology called "cookies " to remember you and the information you are saving. When you visit our website, we send you back a cookie, a small text file that includes a temporary inquiry number, your IP address, plus any items you've chosen. The information we store in cookies is also linked to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site. Your web browser has a special folder on your computer where it keeps cookies. Cookies cannot harm your computer in any way. Only the website that places a cookie on your computer is allowed to read it; no other website may access cookies FICARI places on your computer.
If you are visiting FICARI from a computer that only you or your family use, cookies present no security concern. However, if you are using a shared computer in a public environment (i.e. a library or work), others using that computer to visit FICARI can log in as you. Although FICARI never displays your credit card information on our website, someone logging in as you could access less confidential data, such as your name or shipping address. If this applies to you, consider choosing not to be "remembered " when you register using a shared computer in a public environment. Instead, log in at each visit. Cookies make your shopping experience much easier. If you are trying to decide between two sofas, the cookie enables your computer to find those items again without doing a whole new search. Your browser looks in its cookie folder, finds your FICARI cookie and tells FICARI that you want to look at the same sofas again.
When you add an item to your Shopping Cart, request a price, or place an order, your cookie may hold information with the details of the items you're considering ordering. If you don't want any information stored in a cookie, you can set your browser not to accept cookies, but remember that cookies make your purchases easy. They enable your computer to keep a list of items you're considering or to place them directly in your Shopping Cart (so you don't have to re-enter them manually).
What visitor information does the FICARI website keep track of?
Information tracked automatically is generic and doesn't include any personal details:
- When you log onto the Internet, your computer says to your Internet service, "Here I am; talk to me! " by requesting an IP (Internet Protocol) address, sort of like asking for a seat at an electronic table with numbered seats. Your Internet service's computer responds by saying, "OK, for this session, you sit at #12. " Some providers assign you a permanent or "static " IP address, but most use temporary ones. This helps assure your privacy, because it's difficult - if not impossible - to collect personal information about you via a temporary address.
- Our site keeps a general list of visitors' IP addresses. This gives us broad, generic information such as how many users log onto FICARI’s website and helps us maintain compatibility with many different services.
- FICARI records browser types and versions so we can answer questions such as, "How many of our visitors were using Google Chrome last month? " This tells us what features our visitors can make use of and helps us keep our website up to date.
- We record how many people visited each page on our site. This helps answer questions such as, "What items or pages are drawing a lot of interest this month? "
- We may also record which site or search engine referred you to FICARI.
This information improves your purchasing experience: graphics are improved, pages load faster, and this site is compatible with a wider range of browsers and operating systems. Your shopping experience at FICARI is made easier by the information you provide when you register or place an order:
- At any point while you're browsing, you can place an item in your Shopping Cart. When you're done browsing, you can review your Shopping Cart. If you want to place an order, indicate the item(s) you wish to order and click the Proceed to Checkout button. Enter your delivery information, including name, address, and preferred contact time/method in case we need to get in touch with you about your order.
- The next screen gives you a price quote for the item(s) you're ordering, including price and applicable sales tax.
- The Purchase button then displays options for payment: You can enter credit card information here.
What does FICARI do with this information?
FICARI has a commitment to keep your information secure. The information you share with us is used to fulfill your order and to keep you up-to-date on the status of your order. After you place an order, we'll contact you with information about the order if required.
The financial institutions processing your payment may send us supplemental information if there is a problem in completing the transaction. This information is used only in processing your order(s) from this website.
Information about your browser helps us improve the way our site appears on your computer and makes sure our site is up to date and compatible with your system. Traffic reports (information about sites that refer visitors to us) help us select the best places to reach people interested in shopping for furniture online.
We imply your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the reasonable and necessary purposes set out above. If, at any time, we wish to collect, use and/or disclose your personal information for any other purpose, we will notify you of that purpose and seek your consent to do so.
Please also note that, in some limited circumstances, we are permitted by law to collect, use and/or disclose your personal information without your consent, with or without notice to you.
Can I tell FICARI not to gather or keep track of my visit via the cookie?
Yes. You can set your browser not to accept cookies but remember that cookies make your purchases easy. They enable your computer to keep a list of items you're considering or to place them directly in your Shopping Cart (so you don't have to re-enter them manually).
How do I correct or update information about me and my order(s)?
To change, correct, or update information about you or your order prior to shipment, please contact email@example.com
Can I have my name removed from FICARI active records? How?
If you would like your name removed from our active records, you may go to your Account and click "edit my email preferences ". Alternatively, you may contact us via our submission form, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
How do I contact FICARI with any questions about this policy?
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you may contact us via our submission form, or email email@example.com.