Keeping furniture clean and in good condition not only makes the piece more beautiful, but considerably lengthens its lifespan. It is important to be aware of these general care instructions to prolong the life of your FICARI furniture;
- Too much exposure to direct sunlight, heat or humidity will result in the fabric fading or wood cracking.
- Avoid placing hot dishes or glasses on the furniture material to avoid damage.
- Strong dyes from clothing may transfer onto light fabrics and leathers and cause discoloration.
Regularly vacuum with an upholstery attachment. Avoid placing your furniture in direct sunlight to avoid the fabric fading. The more you use your furniture the more likely the cushions will change shape. This is normal, but you can reduce this by flipping, rotating, and fluffing feather and down cushions frequently.
When a spill occurs, it is crucial to treat it immediately for the best results. Refrain from rubbing the location, instead blot the spill as much as possible with a clean, dry, white cloth. We recommend using a natural mild upholstery cleaner on the fabric. Be sure to test your product first before using it widely across your product.
Under normal use, regular dusting and vacuuming is all that is necessary. For spots and spills, wipe excess liquid up immediately with a clean, absorbent cloth. If necessary, use clean lukewarm water only and let the product air dry naturally. Do not use cleaning solvents, furniture polish, oils, varnish, abrasive cleaners, saddle soaps, or ammonia water on leather.
- Avoid placing furniture in direct sunlight, as this will cause fading. Avoid extreme room humidity – too high or too low humidity can cause wood to warp or veneer to crack.
- Do not place plastic or rubber objects on wood finish, as their ingredients will react with those of the finish and cause a migration into the wood finish. This will appear as a stain.
- Make minor repairs while they are still small and use a professional service to ensure proper repair to the surface.
- Dust frequently with a soft, damp (not wet) cloth in the direction of the wood grain. Dry the area thoroughly.
- For occasional cleaning, use only a non-wax furniture polish that contains no silicone or silicone derivatives.
- Clean up spills immediately using a blotting action rather than a rubbing/wiping action.
- Place a protective surface pad underneath any wet surfaces to prevent any water damage.
Use a soft, non-abrasive cloth and rub down the area, applying extra pressure and attention to dirtier areas. Use small, circular motions to buff away the grime. Prepare a solution of soapy water. Cleaning with soap and water is always gentler than using acid and should be tried first. It is important to test the cleaning solution on a discrete area before using it to clean the entire product.
For more information or assistance, please contact us at email@example.com. You may message us in the submission form or contact us directly.